This project is read-only.

Login problems

Jan 29, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Informant seems like just what I need!

But I'm having problems signing in. Is there a string-length limit to usernames? 

The email address I used to sign into google voice is 30 characters long (9 character username @ 20 character domain).

Feb 10, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Sorry about the slow reply. There is no limit to usernames. What kind of error are you recieving?

Feb 12, 2011 at 7:28 AM

Hi Danny,

The email-address I'm using is pretty long. As I said, a 9 character username followed by the domain beautiful-savior.org. This is more characters than the username box can handle.  The application first says 'processing' for a second or two, and then says Authentication Failed. Please Try Again.  I added a gmail account address that was 8-characters plus @gmail.com, and that worked - so I have a workaround.

FYI, I just tried this on version 1.4.0 as well and had the same problem.

I also have the problem that I can't seem to send an SMS message with either 1.2.0 or 1.4.0. I've been testing by sending a message just to myself on the 'user contacts' side. Once I press SEND I get a big green bar across the screen and nothing else happens - and no SMS message is received.

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Interesting. Please check if the numbers you have listed for your GVoice contacts are marked as Mobile numbers. I had some issues early on that required me to filter only mobile numbers as possible recipients. Let me know if this helps.